I heard somebody clapping very aggressively outside the boarding house on Saturday night. Freaked me out a little bit, so I ran into the common room towards the front door and all the boarders were just sitting there, like nothing weird was going on. I asked the woman in charge if she heard the clapping and she was just like "oh yeah, that's the man delivering the ice cream." No big deal. Apparently if you can't find a bell to ring you clap your hands instead of knocking on the door. Weird. Also, apparently you can get ice creamed delivered to your door? GENIUS. Touche Argentina.
And is it sad that all I can picture right now is about 3000 bookpeople clapping at Mrs. Jones' front door? This actually might eliminate the whole 3 steps back maneuver and speed things up a bit: clap clap clap...turn to the side, wave to a nonexistent person, and wait.
Lol. Love it.
ReplyDelete