So apparently my towering 5'3" frame is so intimidating that the prep school has asked me to be, not only a Titan, but the Hydra as well in their upcoming Hercules play.
It's pretty fun because I get to attack a bunch of 5 year olds and have my heads chopped off multiple times by Hercules; I even have some lines too: "DESTROY HIM!" which I'm sure Erika will find extremely fitting. There's only one problem I've found so far, and it's that one of the 1st graders keeps hugging me when she's supposed to be killing me. It's quite funny, I just hope she doesn't do it in the actual play.
Also, I'm not sure if it's because I agreed to be in the play, but there is some strange rumor going around that I'm a good singer. And, like most rumors, this one is definitely NOT true. Quite the opposite actually. But because of this rumor the music teachers here keep asking me to join their choirs or sing at the assemblies and such. Which they would soon find to be a bad idea if it did actually happen, so I've finagled my way out of it by agreeing to play a piano piece at an assembly before I leave. We'll see about that one. But the conversations are always pretty funny because the teachers sound so confident in their statements that they've almost convinced ME that I'm a good singer.
-"Would you like to sing in the assembly this Friday?"
--"No, that's probably not a good idea."
-"Oh, but you are a very good singer."
--"Haha, no. I'm not actually."
-"No, but I have heard you sing before, it's very good."
Oh Reary? Well then, in that case, I think I like this place. But seriously, I would never let anyone hear me sing, let alone do it in front of all the parents and students. And I plan on keeping it that way.
Yesssss...I hope you are frightening when you yell "DESTROY HIM!". I like it, assassin.
ReplyDeletelet them belive what they want to belive. By the time you go back, all of South America will Hail you as the best singer EVER
ReplyDelete