Sorry I haven’t updated in awhile, I’ve just been really busy since school’s been over. NOT. I actually didn’t do anything really until Lauren got here. Eat, sleep, walk to the store to buy more food, watch some Copa America, etc. Going shopping with Paz and Romi was a good break from being a vegetable, and it was nice to hang out with them without having to worry about getting up for school the next day. I also got to witness a FIRST EVER Starbucks tasting because Romi had never tried it before. BLASPHEMY!
The new artist in residence, Alice, got here on Friday so we showed her around a bit. She went to capital with Facu and me that night to meet some people. As we waited for the bus at the stop some rando came up to us and asked politely if we could “give him all of our belongings.” And of course he said it in Spanish so Alice and I didn’t know that he was trying to mug us. Especially since he couldn’t make eye contact with us, had a grocery bag in his hand, and couldn’t decide if he wanted to keep his gun out or not. He kind of half heartedly touched Alice’s purse strap and she was so confused that she thought he was trying to tell her there was something on her back. And when Facu saw the gun, he told him in Spanish “Ok, wait. We will give you what you want,” but the guy just turned around and walked away. Slowly. What a weirdo. Piss poor effort on his part if I may say so. We were so confused when the bus came that we just walked on like nothing had happened. Welcome to Argentina Alice!
Lauren Lynn got here on Tuesday; so her, Alice, and I did all of the touristy stuff in Buenos Aires this week. Woo! Wednesday was “friend day” here in Argentina which is kind of like mother’s day or father’s day, but for your friends. Everyone gets together with their friends and has dinner. Isn’t that cute? So naturally, since the 3 of us were on our own, we decided to buy some friendship bracelets and do friend things together and then meet up with the boys afterwards. Our own little wolf pack.
We spent the rest of the time going out…way too much - and sight-seeing too I guess. And then, as a last hurrah, we went to La Bomba del Tiempo on Monday night. If only we had known Lauren’s flight on Tuesday would be cancelled. I just can’t seem to get rid of her! Haha no just kidding I’m really glad she came. I had so much fun this past week, it’s going to make it hard to leave on Thursday. I guess we’ll both just have to continue the fun in Dallas.
I’ll put pictures up later.
Stateside on Friday.
la la la la la la bombaaaaa
ReplyDelete