Tuesday, November 2, 2010

one loss, another victory.

So a coworker of mine told me I was a fool for never having seen the original Dune movie, and seeing that it's one of my favorite books I set out on a mission to find it after leaving the polls today.  Little did I know that it was going to be nearly impossible to find.

Since I was already on the East side of town, I cruised on over to Best Buy, and naturally they didn't have it because Best Buy blows.   I then almost died on my way to Fry's Electronics because the turn onto Parker Rd. from the access road has a ridiculously steep incline.  When I saw the hemi in from of me stuggle to get up the ramp in the pouring rain, I knew my little Waldo was in for a feat.  So I shifted into first...40 seconds later I made it onto the actual road.  I'm pretty sure I destroyed my clutch in that lone incident.  But I'm alive!  

Fry's put up a valiant effort in my search since they did have the movie on Blue Ray.  Too bad I don't own a Blue Ray player. Despite my lack of high-tech instruments, the $18.99 price tag tempted me to buy it anyway.  But I decided that might be a wee bit foolish.  (Almost as foolish as the worker there who asked me what Dune was.  God help him). But since Fry's never disappoints,  it redeemed that man's ignorance by offering all seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for $16.99.  Naturally, at a price that good, I bought all of them.  That is actually a lie.  I am not rich enough to warrant spending that much on DVDs at once, so I settle for seasons 1 and 2.  The cashier there then directed me to the nearest Movie Trading Company to continue my search (go Fry's) so I thanked him and was on my way. 

Upon walking in to The Movie Trading Company, the cashiers asked me what I was looking for, and within seconds, I was holding 4 copies of the movie in my hand.  Did I want used? New? Extended edition?  They told me they all love the movie so much that they will special order it just to make sure they have at least 2 copies.  And they're pretty sure that loving the movie is a requirement to work there because the last guy that got fired from there was fired for not being a fan (although that's not what it may have said on paper).  Thank you for being funny MTC. 

And now, a mere 2 hours later, I am a proud owner of David Lynch's Dune.

No comments:

Post a Comment